Raise the Dead update! (v20230223-02)
The mid-update update
I was in the midst of some larger updates when someone brought to my attention that the game wasn't working for them. After a super helpful debugging session, we determined that some of my variable management systems were not working correctly on certain language localizations. Specifically, ones that used a comma, rather than a period, for decimal places (0,6 instead of 0.6).
Because of this, I wanted to post a really quick update to resolve that specific issue. There are a few other updates included here as well since they were already complete.
- Fixed floating point localization issue
- Casting spells now trigger a cooldown for the spell button so you can't spam them
- Monsters have new stats! Knockback strength and knockback resist. Now zombies will push skeletons back way farther
- ZIP file contained a "DoNotShip" debug folder that, while benign, was annoying. Updated my scripts to remove it before pushing builds to itch
- Opponents are now more customizable! Working on creating enemies with personality.
- Currently you can fight Skeledude (an easy opponent who summons skeletons and bone spirits) and Zomboy (a difficult opponent who summons zombies and vampires)
- There is a lot more work to do in this system, but it will definitely help make individual battles feel different and dynamic
- Changes to graveyard composition in crypt customization
- Cost to change is now displayed above the graveyard composition
- Cost to change gets more expensive for every change made
- Graveyard composition can never be 0% for any element
- Minor back-end optimizations
Thanks so much for playing and all the great feedback! I'm enjoying the process of bringing this game together. Once all the features for enemies are in place, it'll be way easier to build a basic campaign mode and boss fight so you can have some proper progression!
Get Raise the Dead for Fun and Profit Demo
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.