+1 for Linux
Death Drives A Bus
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You are Death
The Grim Reaper, the dark collector of lost souls. Unfortunately, your horse has fallen ill so you need to drive a bus instead.
Navigate traffic, shoddy roads, and try not to run out of gas while gathering up angels and demons. Deliver these wayward souls to heaven or heck across 50 levels in this simple retro puzzle game.
- 50 levels of increasing difficulty
- Retro, chunky 1-bit pixel art
- Broken roads, moving cars, gas cans, lots of twists and turns that up the challenge
- Original authentic Chiptune soundtrack by Abstraction
- Controller supported!
- Turn-based puzzles and fast restarts, no time pressure!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v2.3.4)2 days ago
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v2.3)Oct 02, 2020
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v2.2)Sep 25, 2020
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v2.1.1)Aug 27, 2020
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v2.1)Aug 24, 2020
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v2.0)Aug 13, 2020
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v1.2)Jun 30, 2020
- Death Drives A Bus Update (v1.1)Jun 21, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Yeah for sure! I want to get a Mac and Linux build out there soon :)
That would be really great!
My only concern with releasing on Max/Linux is that since I don't have computers with those builds, I need to rely on players to be the testers, which can understandably lead to some frustration when things don't work :) I just installed the Linux build module for this version of Unity so when I post an update this weekend there should be a Linux build too!
Just added the Linux build (along with some bug fixes and quality of life things). Will be posting a dev log tomorrow :D
Very cool idea. Really like the style!
Thanks very much! This was my first attempt at 1-bit style graphics. It was a lot harder than I expected!
Great game! :)
would be even greater if I could use a controller 🎮
Great work! I just gave it a raw play through on my feedback channel, as is my tradition I managed to mess up the tutorial but the game really shines as a polished simple charming and fun puzzler.
I just realized the souls you pick up are named after Patreon supporters.. :)
Name: poetic android
Cause of death: Boredom
yup.. sounds about right.. although I don't see myself becoming a plumber anytime soon.. :p
haha! Yeah I want to add more strange occupations and weird causes of death down the road as well just for fun.