Extreme Mining b0.6 Update
Hey all! After nearly two months of silence I am back working to finish this up! I've spent a ton of time hand drawing over a dozen animation frames for every character in the game. It was a huge learning experience for me. I'm not sure if I want to go through it again any time soon, but I definitely did learn a lot! Also, I'm really proud of how it ended up as well.
Currently I'm winding down on what I want to accomplish with this game. I feel that things need to be tweaked a bit and better aligned for difficulty. There are a few things I want to take care of visually as well, but for the most part I think everything I want to do with this game is done. If there is a big surge of people playing the game I can always add more content, but I have new game ideas that I want to focus on in the future!
So this is the last beta release of the game. In two weeks (or less!) I'm hoping to release the final version of the game with everything else I want to accomplish.
Hope you enjoy the update! If you make a YouTube video out of it, please shoot me a message on Twitter @ben_burnes and I'd love to share it with the world :D
- Animation frames for all enemies. Over 100 hand drawn frames in all!
- Safe zones now trigger when the player enters it. No more waiting for the next wave!
- A few small usability fixes
- Fixed the shop gun glitching out sometimes when there was a low number of enemies on the screen
- The reticule doesn't always disappear when controller mode is active
- The bomb enemy moves while it spawns
Planned for Release
- Refine SFX
- Some game reaction to the Tip shop button
- Animate shop opening and closing
- refine difficulty ramp
- Flash the screen when health or time is low
- Touch up the shop's look
- Balance the shop's prices and price ramps
Get Extreme Mining
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.