Extreme Mining a0.4 Update
Hey all! Unfortunately, I only had a few hours to work on the game this week. I added some new stuff, but it's just temp art that I pulled off the Internet. Definitely something I intend to fix in the future.
The big feature this week was building loot tables. This was I could create a "Generic Enemy" table and just slap that on all the generic enemies that spawn. Elite or Boss enemies have their own loot table with juicier loot. It's not a huge improvement on the front end, but will make my life much easier once I add more enemy types so I don't have to hard-code what falls out of an enemy any more.
- Player's starting weapon is now burst fire. It's strong right away, but still tedious against bosses and once the difficulty ramps up over time. Seems like a good solution for now.
- Added three new loot types: Amethyst, Citrine, and Pyrite. These sprites I just pulled from the Internet, so I gotta update them soon.
- Created simple loot tables for enemies so I can customize which enemies drop what, bosses drop the new stuff
- The infusion of the more valuable loot throws off the gameplay a bit, can definitely buy a lot more time this way, but there's still no way to upgrade your gun so you'll likely just get overwhelmed.
- Enemies spawn more loot now! Felt cheap to beat a boss and sometimes only get two loot drops.
Planned for Next Week
- New enemy type, gonna try to make a ranged guy!
- More shop upgrades
- Update the item collect ticker, or just remove it if I can't find a better solution. It tends to just turn into a big mess.
- Create a simple arena background image that isn't a bunch of floating blocks
Extreme Mining a0.4.zip 19 MB
May 06, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.