Extreme Mining b.02 Update!
Hello friends! Happy to announce a new version to Extreme Mining! Received a lot of great feedback from people who played the game after the beta release, which I am very thankful for.
Part of this release was solidifying the final roadmap for this game. I have a general idea of where I want things to end up with the game, which is great! I've been using this project as a means to learn how to make games like this and I think things have been going really well.
There are still balance and game flow issues to resolve, but things have been getting more aligned with what I expect from a final product. One of the big things that needs to get worked on are the visuals of the game. I still feel that things are a bit raw when it comes to the art style. I've been drawing a lot of this with either the mouse or a 10 year old Wacom tablet, both aren't ideal.
Hope you enjoy the update! If you make a YouTube video out of it, please shoot me a message on Twitter @ben_burnes and I'd love to share it with the world :D
- Added high health spire enemy that shoots bullets randomly
- Added warning text that pops up over the player for various game alerts (time low, boss spawning, damage up/down, no axes to throw)
- Shop no longer automatically accessed. Enter shop by pressing E
- Moved shop down a bit and smoothed wall collision so you can't get stuck on the shop edges any more
- Rage bar fills slower first few waves, but then faster as the game escalates
- Enemies spawn faster the more bosses you defeat
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT! :D
- Move with left stick, aim and fire with right stick
- Right trigger will throw axe
- Face buttons (X, Y, A, B) will enter shop and purchase items
- Start pauses the game
- Fixed "stuck" menu buttons in the shop, things are much more responsive now
- Possibly some thing relating to controllers, needs more play testing.
- Loot drops getting lost under the game background
Planned for Next Release
- Continuing work on SFX
- New enemy type
- Update some of the visual design
- Better explain shop prerequisites
- Start adding JUICE to the game
Get Extreme Mining
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.