Extreme Mining b0.3 Update!
--> Play Extreme Mining for free right here! <--
Hi all! As I said in the prior release notes my goal for this release was adding juice! If you aren't familiar with what "juice" is, it is often non-gameplay things that make things feel more visceral and real. The classic example of this is screen shake.
I also added the final non-boss enemy type. The bomb tries to ram into you, but if you shoot it at range, it'll blow up in a bunch of shots. The game gets pretty chaotic now and balance is still an issue, but progress is being made!
The art style is still a bit rough, but I've been working on cleaning things up when I see issues. There is plenty more to do, but I feel like we are getting closer to a finished release.
Hope you enjoy the update! If you make a YouTube video out of it, please shoot me a message on Twitter @ben_burnes and I'd love to share it with the world :D
- Slight increase to enemy health and spawn rate to raise difficulty (might have gone overboard :)
- Smoke squibs when bullets and axes hit an object now for extra juice!
- Added camera shake for various elements (getting hit, defeating boss, shooting, etc)
- Added player idle and movement animation.
- Added Rock Bomber enemy type that explodes on contact and death.
- Added damage decals so it looks like enemy rocks chip away.
- Tank attacks happen less frequently (they spawn spires).
- Player and enemy sprites flip to look left and right depending on which direction they are moving.
- Changed the way the number of enemy spawns is calculated.
- Updated environment wall sprite.
- Prerequisite buttons now say they need a shop gun to use.
- Fixed bug where "push button" icon didn't disappear when you enter the shop.
- None that I know of!
- Loot drops still getting lost under the game background
Planned for Next Release
- Continuing work on SFX
- Making menus more user friendly
- Quality of life updates with controller
- Enemies better telegraph their attacks
- Adding more social media stuff and "credits" page
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.