Extreme Mining a0.3 Update
New week, new build! Not a ton of updates to the gameplay, I know the starting gun is terrible compared to the initial enemies. However, the work is slowly coming together with some of the art. I'm thinking about moving a bit away from the "hand drawn" style and focusing more on vector art. I still want to do more hand drawn things, but I'm a bit more comfortable with vector so for the sake of just updating things, I'll lean on my stronger suit when necessary.
This update focuses mainly around a redesign of how the shop works. I liked the idea of it popping up randomly during gameplay, but it caused a bit TOO much chaos. Maybe other kinds of powerups will pop up every few seconds?
Been some slow going, but once the bones of the game are in place I think improvements will come much faster.
- Shop is now always available at the top of the screen
- Except for when a boss is present, then the shop is closed, be sure to stock up on game time before the rage meter fills up
- Rearranged UI so the shop is always visible on top
- Redesigned the shop sprite
- New player sprite! Might not be final, but I can't wait to animate this :D
- Enemy movement now collides with walls
- Enemies collide with each other so they can't stack up
- Enemy movement is now a bit more random and don't just blindly chase you
- Changed the arena layout to test walls, these walls won't be permanent but I wanted to make sure that they worked
- There is a hard cap of 20 enemies on the screen at once (both for game difficulty and game performance)
- Retooled the rage meter a little so things don't spiral out of control as fast, but without player upgrades this will still happen.
- Only one boss will spawn at a time. Eventually these bosses will be much more complex to defeat with unique attacks.
- Loot tends to fall "behind" the walls; it's still collectible though.
Get Extreme Mining
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.